CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Where I've Been

Since my last post, I've been on the go quite a bit and haven't had alot of time to update. As I stayed home to work remotely today and have been online since 7am, I thought I'd take a break from 8,000 lines of data to fill everyone in.


Last weekend, Chris and I traveled back home to PA. My best friend, Angel, and her husband, Shon, moved earlier in the year and while I have been to the house lots, Chris hadn't had a chance yet because of his music gigs. We stopped in Ellicottville along the way for dinner, which took longer than anticipated, and didn't arrive in Coudersport until about 10pm. Shon was excited because he'd planned to go coyote hunting, and Chris was a willing sidekick. It was freezing outside, so our men bundled up and off they went. Angel and I caught up on all things Coudersport, and then we went to bed about 12:30. Snuggled up next to me was Pumpkin, their furry new addition.

Shon and Chris got home much later, and while I don't remember the time, I do remember Shon waking me up and saying something gross, and then telling me how he and Chris were almost eaten by 3 packs of coyotes. It's the little things that make me miss home...
On Saturday morning, Angel woke up early with the baby. I wasn't far behind and by then, Haylee was finishing breakfast, and Angel was ready to make a nice spread for her guests. I entertained Haylee while mama was busy cooking. Haylee is about 6 months old now, and as cliche as it sounds, is as cute as a button. Here is just one of the many adorable pictures of her, and one of the many moments that she and I will have as she grows up. "Aunt Sara" is a big part of the girls' lives, the other two of course being Chels and Alli.


Breakfast was deeee-licious, as usual. I had some homemade apple butter on my toast, which was another nice reminder of home. Angel had to be in Ulysses for a baby shower, so we all began to stir and get ready to head out.


We stopped in Port to see my Gramma. I checked out the Reporter Argus to see if I recognized anyone, and was happy to see an engagement announcement for someone I went to high school with. Always nice to see those. We left Port and stopped in Eldred to visit my Dad and Debbie. They were doing some weatherizing on the outside of the house, although the weather still remained unseasonably warm. Dad gave me some updates on a few hot topics at the high school, we loudly exchanged our opinions as usual, and then it was time to go. I love talking to him about the goings-on at the school. It's always something!

Evening brought us to Olean, where we attended the 50th birthday party for Uncle Kevin and Uncle Bob. It had a Halloween theme, and was typical of most of our family gatherings - food, beer and laughter. Some of the kids were dressed up, and a few adults too. Aunt Linda was dressed as Dr. Gerry Atric, so some of us silly geese decided to make nametags of our own. Many of them were of course disgustingly inappropriate, but the appearance of the Stitz/s cousins received lots of laughs. Thanks to Gloria, Enorma and Bodashuh for some good times.

Chris and I got up VERY early because of the time change to return to Buffalo. This week has been crazy trying to catch up, and in the process, I've managed to catch my annual winter cold. No rest for the weary though! I'm off to Washington DC for a branch manager meeting on Tuesday. The only great part about that is I get to spend some time with my family in Maryland. I'll be flying down on Monday. I just found out that there will be no Veteran's Day holiday for the local schools, so I need to think of something (other than napping!) to do on Monday. Perhaps some Christmas shopping is in order.

Only 47 days until Christmas! And only 20 days until my birthday! I don't think I'll have a party to crash this year...but I'll save that story for another time. It's time to make dinner. Peace out friends!

0 comments: