CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Boo!

It's nearly 40 minutes past when I wanted to go to bed, and here I sit trying to add all the customizations back into this blog. I think I got it where I want it for now.

So anyway, I'm out here in the living room and Chris is watching "Ghost Hunters" on the Sci-Fi channel. First of all, let me say that he and I share alot of things in common....except the paranormal stuff. Have you ever seen this show? It's alot of night-vision and hidden camera work to spot a spirit or shadow or unexplained movement in homes or tourist sites where "hauntings" are suspected. It's creepy stuff. I've gasped on plenty of occassions. Tonight I'm distracted because of all my blog work, but it reminded me of another creepy event last night.

We watched 1408, a movie based on a Stephen King novel about a hotel room that no one survives for more than an hour. Sure enough, King delivered. I sat very close to Chris on the couch and covered my eyes in the really scary parts. At one point I think I even dozed off, but that's because it takes a shift in the wind for me to fall asleep...hahaha.

Anyway, the weather is getting colder, Halloween approaches, and the television is littered with these scare-fests. Hopefully the rest of you have someone to snuggle up to so you aren't afraid! Chris always says he wants to go on one of those haunted tours in the area, and I say no because I don't want any of the spirits to follow him/us home. It's no secret I've abandonded my belief system and religious upbringing to become an atheist, but it sure is hard to shake these paranormal events.

I always tell him that if I knock off first, I'm going to come back to haunt and scare the hell out of him. Call it payback for watching The Ring, The Grudge and whatever other scary movies we've watched together.

Well it's time for bed. I'm going to take Pooka in with me to keep the creepies out!

0 comments: