CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Five Years Later...

It's been five years today since America invaded Iraq. I am angry and sad about so many things about this war, I don't know where to start. Angry at President Bush, sad about the loss of lives, sad at the way the media hasn't held anyone accountable, angry that the majority of the American public is so numb to it....the list goes on. I don't have a close friend or family member in Iraq, but I do have a friend whose husband was in Afghanistan....where we should focus our efforts. Lives have been lost on both fronts, and that hurts. It hurts me to know that some dad or brother or aunt or wife is missing a piece of their heart and soul. There have been 487 lives lost in Afghanistan and 3,992 in Iraq....over 4,000 total.

WAR IS WRONG!

Let me say thanks, however, to every soldier here and gone and also the families who have to stay behind and wait by the phone or for an email...or sadly, that knock on the door. I hate this stupid war and I hope every citizen in this country pulls the lever to ending it by voting for the Democratic candidate in November. If you think the economy is the #1 issue, you are uninformed. Our economy will continue to fall the longer we stay in Iraq....the long-term financial impacts are currently estimated at $3 TRILLION. Don't let our grandchildren pay for Bush's ignorance.... And next time you see a soldier, be sure to say THANKS.

Video courtesy of
rosie.com.

Song is "Hallelujah." Sung here by KD Lang, original lyrics by Jeff Buckley.

0 comments: