CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

T-Shirt Shopping

It's been a moderately productive Sunday.... I woke up at 7am, did two loads of laundry, went grocery shopping, and Chris made French toast for breakfast! Remember....we're not parents, so normally we don't do much on Sunday. I told Chris I feel like a new person today....perhaps it's because we went ring shopping yesterday? More on that later....well, hopefully sooner, but let's just say I think the train is now moving at a nice clip down the track! WHEEEE!

During my trip to the grocery store today, I wore my favorite t-shirt, which states "Hug Trees, Not Republicans." At this point, any soul that disagrees with me can pretty much fuck off. Seriously, I'm so sick of the rhetoric surrounding McCain and Obama, I'm ready to move to Canada. Chris and I have actually discussed taking a swim across the Buffalo River and becoming Canadian citizens if the election goes to the Republicans. I digress.

So anyway, seeing as how I've accomplished way more than normal for a lazy Sunday, I thought I'd head to the net to find some thought-provoking t-shirt to wear on vacation this year. I saw many, laughed alot, and then stumbled on this doozy which made my day!

Now granted I'm not a fan of any organized religion, but Christianity disgusts me. I often find myself asking the bible-thumping door-knockers who interrupt me when I work from home occasionally, "Don't you think you'd be doing the world a favor if you put your hands to work today instead of your mouth?" If they keep talking, I usually slam the door and probably fall into the stereotypical non-believer category who they hope burns in hell....which doesn't really bother me because I don't believe in hell.

I saw a few others that made me giggle, with sayings like:

"Where knowledge ends, Religion begins."

"God works in mysterious, ineffective, and breathtakingly cruel ways."

"You keep believing, I'll keep evolving."

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

So now that I've done all this today.... I'm going to go enjoy "The Big Lebowski." I love The Dude!

PEACE!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAT T-SHIRT!

"Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine" ;)