CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!

31 years ago tonight, my father probably uttered the first of many curse words in my honor.... It was snowing hard, hunting season started the following day, and apparently I was more than ready to make my mark in the world. I reminded him about it last week while I was home for Thanksgiving by asking, "So Dad, remember the night I was born? You were mad at me already because it was the night before deer season." He replied, "Yep, but I got a deer the next day." Can't thank my pops enough for making me who I am today....which is 31 years older!

Chris and I went to Don Pablo's tonight, which was a change for us. I wanted something different, but mostly I wanted a large, delicious margarita. No better place than a Mexican chain restaurant for that!



After dinner, we stopped off for some ice cream and came home to relax. Chris is treating me to a massage for my big day from my favorite masseuse in the world, Magic Hands....just haven't had time to schedule it yet. Her real name is Rose, but my friend Kelly (who recommended her to me) and I have dubbed her Magic Hands. She is so fantastic.

My co-workers recognized the big day on Monday. My boss of 3 years is taking on a new role, and Monday was her last day in the office. I had a lovely cake, and her gift to me was Oprah's new book, "O's Guide to Life." I'm gonna miss her. But something tells me we'll cross paths again. ;)

On Friday Chris and I are heading to Ellicottville for dinner with Wanda and Steve to celebrate Steve's b-day on Saturday. This weekend will hopefully include some cleaning and maybe putting up the tree....or Christmas shopping....who knows.

Well, time for sleepy. Another long day awaits me tomorrow! Peace out.

0 comments: