CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 21, 2007

New Beginning

So I did the Myspace thing...and I will probably continue there, but this seemed like another cool outlet for me. I just think this has a little more "adult" feel to it. If only I can figure out the colors and formatting jazz. I hate HTML...ick. Well, I'm doing this as I watch Transformers - great special effects so far.

Chris and I went to Olcott today. It was in the 70s in and around the Buffalo area so it seemed like a nice day for a ride. We headed North to find a pumpkin stand and see where the car would take us. We should have grabbed the camera.... We first stopped in Lockport at the weirdest and creepiest pumpkin stand in Niagara County. We pulled in and noticed the storefront door was open, but the neon "open" sign wasn't on. About 5 minutes later a teenage kid walked out and began his sales pitch with, "Most of these are overpriced, so just let me know before you choose and I'll tell you the real price." Ummm, OK. So we picked two enormous pumpkins with the intention of creating another pumpkin masterpiece (see my Myspace for the Sabres 06 Pumpkin), and also so Chris could make a pile of pumpkin seeds for us to munch on. After we loaded the pumpkins in the car, we walked inside to pay. Inside the store seemed like an A-1 rental, except nothing was arranged....it was just astrewn all over the inside of the store. Weird.

We left and headed further north. Somehow Chris remembered how to get to Olcott on many different roads than when we went there about a month ago for him to play at the Niagara Celtic Festival. We arrived in Olcott and walked down to the beach. The sky was clear, the water was pristine and there were very few people around. Overall it was a very relaxing 30-40 minutes that we spent walking around. I'm clumsy, but I braved the pier anyway so I could walk with my babe. Awwww.

I wish every day was that relaxing. I stare at the clock and it says 10:15...in an hour or so I'll be in bed, counting the minutes until I have to go to work tomorrow. But I'll save the explanation of that cast of characters for another time! Peace out friends.

0 comments: